Established in 1935 under the original name of Grand Rapids Municipal Employees Credit Union,the original field of membership was employees of the City of Grand Rapids and their immediate families. In 2005, our charter was expanded to include employer groups, retirees and associations living or located within a 25-mile radius of the credit union. The name was changed in 2006 to reflect the diversification of membership and emphasis of family and friends.
We are a non-profit, member owned and operated. This relationship makes our members very special to us. We will always give you the respect, high quality service, low loan rates and competitive returns that you and your money deserves. Once you join the Credit Union, you are a member for life. Even if you move, retire or undergo other major life changes, you can maintain your membership at the Credit Union and continue to enjoy the many benefits that go with it.
To improve the financial health of the community by providing all members and their families with superior products and personal service
- Be the best at what we do and then Surpass that!
- To ensure growth through membership expansion increased financial services, efficient product delivery, and effective communication.
- To become our members, primary financial institution by providing exemplary members’ services and products by taking advantage of technology and the best business practices.
Join us and become a member!
We welcome those who:
- Live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in and business and other legal entities located in the counties of Kent, Muskegon and Ottawa.
- Individuals and their families receiving retirement funds from private or governmental sources and lives in or belongs to a retirement organization located in Kent, Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo or Ottawa County.
- Any legal entity that is comprised for the most part of the same general group as the membership of the credit union as outlined above.
- Members and immediate families of the foregoing.